Crowdsourcing involves leveraging skills of multiple users across regions. The current quality assessment of the tasks performed is semi-automatic/manual. The research focusses on recommending a semantic approach for quality assessment of question & answers of a domain. The approach involves identifying the experts(organizations/individuals) for a task of a domain, developing enriching ontology for validating the question and answer relevance, assigning quality score based on the response relevance and the credibility factor of the responder. This approach would be validated for Information Security domain, however, would also be tested for external validity.
Crowdsourcing adoption is increasing with improved internet adoption. Crowdsourcing is being used for language translation, funding, software development, image tagging, etc. The motivation to participate in crowdsourcing can be intrinsic or extrinsic. The quality of responses in crowdsourcing is an area of improvement.We propose Requirements Engineering approach of Completeness, Consistency and Correctness (3Cs) for quality control of crowdsourcing responses.Our approach involves assigning a metric so that response seekers / viewers can have most relevant responses. We plan to implement our approach of quality control in crowdsourcing for Information Security Question and Answers.
1) Evolving Ontology that would be used for re-calibrating the responses based on improved knowledge.
2) Establishing Credibility of the responder in the question domain that is beyond crowdsourcing platform.
3) A metric to the responses after identifying the dependencies in completeness, consistency and correctness.
4) Search Engine for Information Security and a crowdsourcing platform using existing Opensource software.
1) A survey conducted with 212 participants established the need for quality control in crowdsourcing.
- 2014 : ICSE, ICISS
- 2015 : ISEC, APSEC, ENASE
- 2016 : inSIG, T4E
- Software Quality Engineering
- Usability Engineering
- SSAD - Refactoring
Areas of Interest
- Crowdsourcing : Quality Control
- Information Retrieval and Extraction
- Software Engineering : Requirements Engineering, Process Quality, Usability
- Cloud Computing
- Information Security
- Banking Technology